When we see Indian celebrations, we often marvel at the colourful and enticing array of dishes being displayed on the buffet table, each dish contributing its own unique smells and textures to complete a masterpiece of culinary art.
But being aesthetically pleasing to the eye isn’t all Indian party food is about. More than anything, Indian cuisine is about the vibrancy of flavours that excite the palate, the result of a complex balance of different herbs and spices in a dish that characterize Indian food.
A typical Indian party menu would consist of a three-course menu that includes appetizers, the main course and desserts. Below is an easy guide for planning an Indian menu that will keep your guests enjoying the food from start to finish:
- 1-2 beverages. If you want a truly Indian-themed party menu, you can serve lassi as one of your beverages. Lassi is a popular traditional drink that is a blend of yogurt, spices, water, and sometimes fruit.
- 1-2 appetizers. Appetizers like samosa pies, curry rolls or pakoras (vegetable fritters) are tasty finger-food that can whet the appetite, and leave your guests excited for the main course.
- 1-2 accompaniments. Chutneys are dips made of minced vegetables and spices, and are a must if you are serving appetizers. You may also include raita (yogurt-based dips) and pickles, for a fun variety in taste sensations that complement your appetizers. Raita will also go well with your curry dishes to balance out the spicy flavours.
- 1-2 curry dishes. It would be great to be able to serve two types of curry dishes for your guests, giving them an option between a meat or vegetable curry. Curried lentils or beans are a delicious and healthy choice for your vegetable dish.
- 1 Rice dish. Biryani rice is one of India’s most-loved dishes. It is both filling and light to the stomach, blended with aromatic spices and meat or vegetables to complement your curry dishes or even make a complete meal in itself.
- Indian bread. There are a host of Indian flatbreads to choose from such as roti, chapati, naan or paratha. Any of these will do perfectly well to partner with your curry dishes.
- 1-2 desserts. Finally, an Indian meal is not complete without its grand finale: sweet, rich-tasting Indian dessert treats to round up the savouriness of your main course.
By following these simple guidelines, you can easily prepare a satisfying and authentic Indian party meal anytime. At Curry Corner, we want you and your guests to enjoy original Indian cuisine at its finest. Our catering menu offers the most delectable Indian dishes, home-cooked and prepared with love and generations of passionate service in Indian delights.
Browse through our menu of hot food items, and you are sure to find a complete choice of Indian party food for your next gathering. From appetizers like our famous samosas and best-selling curry rolls, to savoury meat and vegetarian curry and biryani rice dishes, to comforting sweet desserts that melt in your mouth, you can count on us to make your Indian party menu a truly memorable one for you and your guests.
If you want Indian food catering that combines quality, home-cooked goodness with fast, friendly and helpful service, you can definitely count on us! Enquire with us for your next gathering.
Phone: 0406 238 094
Landline: 03 9663 4040